Marketers have become more aware that for them to boost their brand, implying proper SEO strategies is a must.
So how then do social media and SEO links? As the world is growing into a global market, marketers and business owners have then seen the need to integrate different marketing strategies.
Social media SEO or Social SEO is the implementation of both SEO strategies and social media to boost search rankings and drive more traffic to your website.
According to eMarketer, at least 60% of marketers publish content daily. That’s a lot of content to compete with which significantly reduces the chances of your content being visible on the search engine results. However, the right content strategy integration would help in improving your chances.
How does Social Media impact SEO?
- Increase search rankings through social signals.
- Boost your content engagement beyond organic reach.
- Boosts brand awareness. As the content on social media is more humanized, it amplifies your online presence.
- Increases the lifespan of your posts.
- Through Google link building, it increases the chances of the discovery of content that’s added to different websites.
- Boosts local SEO through consumer reviews and business profiles.
Each of these areas offers a sinuous web of social signals which, in turn, affects your website’s rankings. This makes Social SEO vital for all businesses regardless of size.
Some of the facts to consider: Your profiles on the different social media sites appear at the bottom of your website and are thus integrated into your business searches. These sites can then be presented as a result of different queries on the search engine by your customers or different prospectors.
Although is Google is the king of SEO, YouTube – a social media site, ranks as the second-largest search engine in the world. Yes, you read that correctly! More people conduct their search on YouTube than on Bing or Yahoo. Yet, YouTube is not the only social media site that your potential customers frequent to aid in making purchase decisions.